Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birding - May's Point Pool 9/18/11

After walking Seneca Meadows Wetland Preseerve I decided to visit the May's Point Observation Deck. There were three birders there when I arrived. They left after a few minutes. During the next 15 minutes seven other birders who would pass through. Listening to their conversations I determined that they were on their way to a lecture at the Montezuma Audubon Center. Plus they brought to my attention two sandhill cranes. Got excited, since I have been looking for sandhill cranes for several weeks
Sandhill Crane
 
There were several Great Egerts and Great Blue Herons in the pool.
As I was getting in the car caught sight of a bird in the water near the parking lot. With binoculars noted it was a Green Heron.
Turning the car around noticed a Great Blue Heron preening.
So glad that I stopped.



No comments:

Post a Comment