Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Cayuga College Nature Trail

Since I have not visited the Cayuga College Trail in quite awhile, decided to venture up there today. You can imagine my surprise when I found the former dragonfly-friendly pond filled in.
Also, the new daycare building on site.
The second and third ponds are now completely taken over by cattails.
Second Photo taken on iPhone 6
Continuing on the trail came upon a Red Maple tree that is part of the reforestation program.
To my delight there were a number of birds along the trail as well as this cute little fellow. Plus the Wolf Tree is still surviving.
Although the trail has been neglected, it is always a great day for a visit. The twenty-one other people (joggers, parents, college students, dog walkers) that I encountered during my travel around the trail seem to agree.

Previous walks on the Cayuga College Trail: 
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Monday, October 19, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment